4555 Ragsdale Road
South Shore Park is open year-round and located on Ragsdale Road off Highway 92. This 30-acre park sits on the South Side of beautiful Lake Acworth and contains parking, a beach, and fishing areas. Between the first Saturday in April and the second Sunday in October the park extends its hours to open at 8:00 a.m. and close at 9:00 p.m. Outside of these dates the park is open from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
– During the off-season, there is no fee to park at Cauble Park or South Shore Park.
– The city will charge a parking fee for non-residents on theÂ weekendsÂ at South Shore Park beginning Saturday, April 15th and running through Labor Day.
– The city will charge a parking fee for non-residentsÂ seven daysÂ a week at South Shore Park between Thursday, May 25th and Monday, July 31st.
– The city will charge a parking fee for non-residents at South Shore Park on weekdays between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. and on weekends and holidays between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
– The parking fee is $10.00
– Non-resident parking fees may be paid by credit cards only.
For moreÂ information on South Shore Park please contact the Parks and RecreationÂ Department at 770-917-1234.